We’d love to have you join us at Haberfeld
Founded in 1989, Haberfeld is the leading customer acquisition firm for community banks and credit unions. The average new client improves their customer acquisition results by 100% through a disciplined system of consulting, marketing, training, and analytics. With over 100 clients the firm is responsible for 1 in 11 new core financial relationships started at community financial institutions.
We currently employ more than 50 full-time professionals and are employee owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We work hard, but we enjoy a company culture that emphasizes work-life balance.
Consulting Administrative Specialist
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Consulting Program Specialist and is responsible for assisting with CultivateTM, mystery shopping, and organizational development projects as well as providing support to the consulting team as needed.
Report to the Consulting Program Specialist and take direction on projects relating to the following tasks:
- Respond to user issues or requests concerning Cultivate™ operations.
- Data entry to maintain client records and resources on the Cultivate™ Platform.
- Serve as the secondary administrator for the mystery shopping platform. Customize shopping reports, assign shoppers, communicate with consultants/shoppers and troubleshoot technical issues with the vendor.
- Complete 2nd step edits of mystery shopping reports when necessary. Proofread reports for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Assist the consulting program directors on projects as needed.
- Serve as a backup to answering phones and accepting deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to innovate and solve problems creatively.
- Self-motivator with good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills, including knowledge of basic grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and competent keyboarding.
- Timely attendance.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Consultants work with Haberfeld clients from the beginning stages of implementation to the ongoing refinement of the Haberfeld customer and member acquisition program. They play an important role in our clients’ success by helping them execute effectively. Consultants wear many hats throughout the year, including mystery shopper, training material designer, boardroom presenter and classroom trainer. They work with all levels within client financial institutions from the President and CEO to frontline branch managers, personal bankers and tellers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a dynamic team of individuals
- Analyze client policies, procedures and practices and recommend appropriate strategies for success
- Facilitate client discussions to reach consensus on issues that will enhance clients’ success
- Prepare and present customized material for executive meetings and training sessions
- Engage client employees through group activities, discussion and dynamic speaking in training sessions
- Create and conduct webinar training
- Plan and conduct mystery shop engagements, including writing comprehensive mystery shopping reports
- Edit and analyze mystery shopping reports for use in preparing an Executive Summary and corresponding training materials
- Present mystery shopping results and implications to client executive management
- Lead implementation engagements for smaller clients, including the implementation planning meeting
- Serve on internal committees
- Assist with training new team members, as requested
- Communicate effectively within all levels of the Haberfeld organization
- Make travel arrangements for air travel, hotel stays and car rental
- Complete expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Timely attendance at work when scheduled, whether in the Haberfeld office or with clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two years of retail banking or retail credit union experience is ideal but not required
- Outstanding public speaking skills
- Ability to innovate and solve problems creatively
- Self-motivator with good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills, including knowledge of basic grammar and punctuation
- Intermediate computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and competent keyboarding
- No derogatory records on ChexSystems, eFunds, Deluxe Detect, or other reporting service that banks use to report checking account activity
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence and the appropriate age and driving record to rent cars at the standard rate
- Confidence in driving and maneuvering through various cities and areas throughout the country. This could include driving in busy traffic in large cities
Education, Training and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience as a professional trainer and/or educator a plus
- Minimum of 26 weeks of travel per year with the majority being air travel. Travel is primarily without co-workers
- Travel is currently contained to the 50 United States and is typically 4-5 days in a row. Employee may occasionally be required to travel 3-4 weeks in a row, but employees are encouraged to travel home on weekends
- Travel and/or work may be needed on weekends. Work from Haberfeld office when not traveling. Work with limited supervision
- The noise level in the Haberfeld office and at bank locations is usually quiet, but travel on certain aircraft and through airports may be noisy
- Professional dress is required when visiting clients, with the exception of mystery shopping engagements which are typically casual. Casual attire is standard when in the Haberfeld office
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, stand and use hands to finger and handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files and other equipment and objects.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and to reach with hands and arms. Extensive sitting of several hours is required whiletraveling by air and by car. Extensive standing is frequently required while traveling, conducting training and facilitating meetings
- Standing during eight or more hours of training is not uncommon. The employee is frequently required to walk extensively in order to proceed through airports
- Driving is necessary as the employee is required to rent cars and travel between financial institution locations, hotels, and airports
- Meetings and training sessions may allow for short breaks requiring the employee to plan appropriately for proper nutrition. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents, read computer screens and observe marketing materials that are situated throughout the financial institution locations and observe financial institution employees as they mark on documents and open accounts
- The employee is required to hear conversations in all aspects of the position
- Accurate memory skills are required for all aspects of the position
Digital Ad Ops Strategist
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing digital advertising campaigns for our clients. Currently we are focused on Google Adwords, Facebook and display through our DSP partner. You will play an integral role as we continue to develop new strategies to expand our digital strategy.
As digital marketing strategies are important to our client’s overall strategy, you’ll have the opportunity to work with many different business units. They will look for your expertise in guiding them to communicate, report and execute.
- A capable knowledge of common digital advertising platforms
- Knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Capability to problem solve independently
- High organizational and prioritizing skills
- Experience with Excel is favorable
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is highly desirable
- 1+ years working in digital marketing or related field preferred
- Occasional travel to attend client meetings and Haberfeld events.
- Professional dress is required when visiting clients.